Disabled Clients must be physically or mentally disabled, low-income, drawing their Social Security Disability (SSD) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Clients may not have any savings accounts, CD'S, Trust accounts, IRA'S or any other means of paying for dental care.
Frail Elderly Clients must be 65 years of age or older and low-income. Clients may not have any savings accounts, CD'S, Trust accounts, IRA'S or any other means of paying for dental care.
All Clients must meet the current year Annual Federal Poverty Guideline.
E.O.D.D.S. may make exceptions if the client is in a life-threatening situation or extreme pain.
Thanks to Delta Dental Oral Health of Oklahoma Charitable Foundation EODDS has limited special funding annually to provide denture/partial dentures only to low-income eastern Oklahomans who live in the (918) and (539) area code region and don't meet our regular guidelines. All other dental work must be completed. Please call the EODDS office for an application, fill out an online application, or download one and mail it in to our office.
Live in the following participating counties:
Osage, Nowata, Craig, Ottawa, Washington, Rogers, Mayes, Delaware, Pawnee, Tulsa, Wagoner, Cherokee, Adair, Payne, Creek, Lincoln, Okmulgee, Muskogee, Sequoyah, McIntosh, Haskell, Pittsburg, Latimer and Leflore.
To see a Google Map view of participating counties, visit the Map of Service Area page.
INCOGG/TULSA AREA ON AGING CLIENTS are 55 years of age and older living in the Tulsa, Creek, and Osage counties. They can be low to medium income and we provide replacement prosthetics such as dentures, partials, crowns and bridges.
If you meet these criteria, please submit your application online via the Patient Application page.
Clients for Program II are referrals from the following programs:
HEALTY WOMEN HEALTHY FUTURES
WOMEN IN RECOVERY/ALLTERNATIVE TO INCARCERATION
TULSA DAY CENTER FOR THE HOMELESS
MEDICAL ACCESS PROGRAMS
FAMILY AND CHILDREN'S SERVICES
Client Appointment Procedure:
- After receiving a completed client application, the client's application is screened to make surethey meet client criteria.
- After being accepted into the EODDS program, the client application will be entered on the EODDS database waiting list. The paper application will be put on a waiting list depending on their dental need. (The complete restorative list by month/year received or the replacement dental prosthetics list.) All qualified Client's will be seen in the order the application is received unless they are in a life threatening or extreme pain situation. Clients will only receive necessary treatment to relieve the life threatening or extreme pain situation then placed on the appropriate waiting list.
- When the client has been given a dental appointment the client will be added to the EODDS (Client combined) data base and the client application will be attached to the volunteer dentist index card. The client will then be mailed a client appointment letter. The letter instructs the client to call the EODDS administrative office to let them know they have received the letter. This is necessary so the administrative office knows the client has been informed of his/her appointment. If the client does not call, EODDS staff will try to reach the client by telephone or by their referral agency, case manager or contact source. (This procedure eliminated a high no show rate).
- EODDS clients who fail to show or miss two dental appointments will be terminated from the program. The Client will receive a termination letter.
- EODDS clients who are completed through the program for complete restorative dental care can only receive the service one time.
- EODDS clients who are receiving dental prosthetics such as dentures or partials can reapply for a new one only after five years. There are some situations where a denture/partial may be lost or broken and the client may apply to have the denture/partial repaired or replaced at the discretion of the administrative staff.
- EODDS clients who need relines of a dental prosthetic will be able to Re-apply once per year.
- EODDS clients will be contacted after the donated dental treatment has been completed to make sure they are satisfied with their dental treatment and will be asked to send a thank you note to the volunteer dental office.
- Some volunteer dental offices prefer to adopt their EODDS clients as a permanent patient and keep them in their practice. (That is fine as long as the volunteer dentist will continue to see other new clients annually).
- EODDS staff will be the liaison between all clients and their volunteer dental office. Making sure any problems are resolved if any happen to develop.
- EODDS staff will refer the client to any dental specialist that the volunteer dentist request.
- EODDS staff will refer the volunteer dental office to the dental laboratory per their request and to the dental laboratory that the volunteer dentist typically uses for his paying patients.